1) Who are ya?
Chris Adam, age 30. I live in Sheffield.
2) Who do you support?
3) What was your first game?
Sheffield United vs Brighton
4) What do you do for a job?
Head of Football at Sheffield Hallam University. I coach and manage the men’s first team and also create the whole football programme for all four men’s teams. I also coach the women’s first team.
I am also a player/assistant at AFC Goole in the Evostik South League which is semi-professional. I take most of the training session and also play every game unless injured!
5) Have you played/worked for any football clubs?
I was at Sheffield United from the age of 10-18 as an apprentice. I was a pro at Huddersfield Town, Mansfield Town and Doncaster Rovers.
6) How did you get into it?
I was approached by a friend.
7) What do you get out of it?
Experience in coaching and developing players.
8) What advice would you give someone wanting to follow in your stud marks/footsteps?
Coaching – go and watch as many people coach as possible then take the best practice from each of them and add your own beliefs to it all.
9) If you could do it all again what would you change?
Less partying as a young player and be more dedicated to the life of a footballer!
10) Who’s your footballing hero?