1) Who are ya?
Matthew Shaw, 20, from Halifax, West Yorkshire
2) Who do you support?
FC Halifax Town
3) What was your first game?
Halifax v Shrewsbury sometime in 2000, it was 0-0.
4) What do you do for a job?
I’m the Sports Reporter for the Pulse of West Yorkshire radio, along with other roles.
5) Have you played/worked for any football clubs?
Yes, I’m part of FC Halifax Town’s media team.
6) How did you get into it?
A strange one, that. I met one of the media team members in a nightclub, and it went from there!
I do Sports Journalism at University, it wasn’t totally random.
7) What do you get out of it?
In truth, I don’t work much there anymore as different opportunities have arisen. But, at first, it helped me learn and practice different disciplines in sports reporting, which I’m highly grateful for.
8) What advice would you give someone wanting to follow in your stud marks/footsteps?
Don’t turn down any opportunity, ever.
Networking is as vital as the skills you’ve inherited, if you only have one it’s difficult to make it in the profession.
9) If you could do it all again what would you change?
Like any other student, I could have managed my time better. As a result, I didn’t fulfill my potential with my articles all the time, which is a shame.
10) Who’s your footballing hero?
David Beckham, obviously. It’s not just his actions on the field, but off it he is a gentleman and a really humble guy. I’ve been fortunate enough to meet him twice and he is such a nice person.
- FC Halifax Town boss Neil Aspin seeks FA Trophy success (examiner.co.uk)
- WHO ARE YA? Caroline Elwood-Stokes (nostanding13.wordpress.com)