Some of you might find these photo’s interesting – www.flickr.com/photos/108793105@N06
They were taken this morning whilst the gates were unlocked to allow archaeologists working on behalf of the football museum to look around the old Horton Park Avenue ground.
The photographer asked them what they were looking for and they apparently replied that they were searching for the site of the goalposts and clearing undergrowth from part of the Horton End Terracing.
The National Football Museum says that artist Neville Gabie is working with the archaeologist on site for an upcoming project entitled ‘Breaking Ground’.
- Neville Gabie (nevillegabie.com)
- The National Football Museum (nationalfootballmuseum.com)
- Near Post – Hipster Football Teams (nostanding13.wordpress.com)
- Archaeologists find perfectly-preserved Iron Age skeleton… under a pub car park (swns.com)
- ‘Lost World of Football’ launches Saturday at the National Football Museum (nostanding13.wordpress.com)
- Kait, Lynsey & Rich attend the FBAs in Manchester (offsiderulepodcast.com)
- Manchester in 24 Hours (frommelbournetoglasgow.wordpress.com)
- Sleeping Beckham: Video of Becks snoozing goes on show at National Football Museum (manchestereveningnews.co.uk)