From FAD FC:
“Former Premier League referee Mark Halsey believes the pressure on top-flight officials could lead to one of them committing suicide. ”I also believe that if we do not do something to help referees with mental health and stress issues, then we could see a suicide.”
Halsey has published a book, authored by writer and journalist Ian Ridley, entitled Added Time: Surviving Cancer, Death Threats and the Premier League.
Halsey was the longest-serving full-time professional referee in the English game when he retired at the end of the 2012/13 season. His career saw three seasons officiating in the Football League and a remarkable 14 in the Premier League.
Halsey is now a refereeing pundit for BT Sport.
Read more at http://worldsoccertalk.com/podcasts/2013/interview-with-former-referee-mark-halsey-exposes-inefficiencies-in-premier-league-where-refs-work-under-the-fear-factor-86710/#9Jr30ZUZADHcFvCY.99
If you have or being affected by Mental Health issues, please contact FAD FC.
- Interview With Former Referee Mark Halsey Exposes Inefficiencies in Premier League Where Refs Work Under the Fear Factor (worldsoccertalk.com)
- Premier League hit back at Halsey over match official criticism (tribalfootball.com)
- The Agenda: Should referees be allowed to talk more? (thejournal.co.uk)
- Exclusive – Halsey: Premier League needs post-match panel to ‘stamp out’ diving (talksport.com)
- WHO ARE YA? Caroline Elwood-Stokes (nostanding13.wordpress.com)
- Scudamore: Ferguson wrong on refs (theguardian.com)
- Football’s Year Zero Mk II (footballpink.net)